ATLÉTICO 0 - 0 PSV (8-7 pens)
Torres: "Their keeper was the key figure in both legs of this tie"
The striker also spoke about his contract renewal: "There's been no progress; it's as it was before and time is marching on", he said after tonight's win over PSV.
Overal feelings after the game: "I'm feeling a lot more relaxed now. We're very happy, and very tired too. We feel very proud and what counts is that we're in the next round".
What was going through your head when you took your penalty? "I was just thinking about being very firm in my head, when we go through these kinds of games - it was a bit like last season's against Bayer Leverkusen. And apart from that, I also thought about the younger players who have been given a lot of respnsibility and shown great maturity"
Gameplan: "You have to give credit to PSV; they planned the game to perfection, read our game well and made it difficult to create chances. Without any doubt, the major figure in this tie was their goalkeeper (Jeroen Zoet); there wasn't much more to the game after they decided to stop attacking us at the end of the first half. We weren't able to gnerate the chances on goal we would have liked".
The tie was hanging in the balance... "On the field we didn't really get that impression. We felt as though the game was under control and that we were going to score. We suffered but I don't think we ever considered that we might be knocked out".
Mark Clattenburg letting play go on: "They've few quite a few games now in which we have coincided but yes, he could have given at least one of those fouls".
Contract renewal: "There's been no progress; it's as it was before and time is marching on".
Arbeloa: "It's good that Atlético are in the quarter finals, and that our rivals would prefer not to face us - they know what to expect from us".
Any preferences in the draw? "I don't mind, all I want is to be in Milan in May".
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- Unemployment Benefits Why are recipients seeing unemployment benefits cut?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how many people are still waiting for it?
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin trial: can he appeal the sentence?
- SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: interview Florentino Pérez, ten clubs withdraw, reactions, UEFA, clubs
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: Manchester Utd fans break into training ground in anti-Glazer protest