Leicester fan rejects £32,000 payout on title glory
Ladbrokes is getting nervous: the bookmaker offered three Leicester fans tickets to a game and tens of thousands in cash to hand in their slips.
A week ago a Leicester City fan pocketed 93,000 euros after cashing in his bet that the Foxes would march to Premier League glory as the bookmakers nervously finger their collars at the prospect of a colossal payout if Claudio Ranieri’s side do achieve what was widely viewed at the outset of the 2015-16 campaign as impossible: the odds on the Foxes outfoxing the rest of the division were 5,000 to 1.
However, some fans are refusing to buckle as the pressure mounts on the field – and from the camel coats, eager to cut their losses now just in case.
On Tuesday British tabloid The Sun tracked down three Leicester supporters who have rejected sumptuous offers from Ladbrokes, the bookies where they placed their bets. According to the report, the offers ranged from 13,000 to 32,000 euros, depending on the amount initially laid, for the gamblers to cash in their pink slips.
Ladbrokes invited the three people in question to the Leicester’s King Power Stadium on Monday night to try and convince them to turn over their bets. The home side beat Rafa Benítez’s Newcastle 1-0 to remain five points clear at the top of the table. One of the faithful three stands to win 64,000 euros if Leicester top the table at the end of the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona offer Griezmann to Juventus, reports in Italy
- Coronavirus India's Covid-19 vaccine target launch date concerns experts
- Bundesliga Sané takes Coutinho's number 10 shirt at Bayern
- BARCELONA Umtiti: Barcelona defender suffers fresh injury setback
- Manchester City 4-0 Liverpool Klopp praises “brilliant attitude” despite comprehensive defeat
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Real Madrid stretch LaLiga lead over Barcelona to four points