Thomas Müller’s stoppage time goal rescued Bayern Munich’s Champions League campaign in the Allianz Arena on Wednesday night, sending the game into extra time and the German champions into the quarterfinals. After the match, the Germany striker attended to the Sky Sports microphones and in his own inimitable style explained how Pep Guardiola had geared his side up to stage a dramatic second half comeback from two goals down to eventually claim the tie 4-2 on aggregate.
During the match, Bayern Munich legend Franz Beckenbauer said he imagined that Guardiola’s approach to his halftime team talk would be to “castrate them if they didn’t win” the game.
The reporters informed Müller of Der Kaiser’s prediction after the match and asked what Guardiola had said to his players during the break. “It was something down those lines,” Müller said. “He didn’t say he’d castrate us though; he said he’d cut our balls off.”
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in New York (NY): how to claim my extra 300$
- Amazon Prime Day Amazon Prime Day: Latest News and when will it be?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: when is the deadline to register for non-filers?
- Coronavirus USA Stimulus check: what’s happening with the $1,200 plan being pushed by Democrats?
- US ELECTIONS US elections 2020: Can I vote by mail without an excuse?
- Supreme Court Who are the possible nominees Trump could name to replace Ruth Bader Ginsberg?