Thomas Müller’s stoppage time goal rescued Bayern Munich’s Champions League campaign in the Allianz Arena on Wednesday night, sending the game into extra time and the German champions into the quarterfinals. After the match, the Germany striker attended to the Sky Sports microphones and in his own inimitable style explained how Pep Guardiola had geared his side up to stage a dramatic second half comeback from two goals down to eventually claim the tie 4-2 on aggregate.
During the match, Bayern Munich legend Franz Beckenbauer said he imagined that Guardiola’s approach to his halftime team talk would be to “castrate them if they didn’t win” the game.
The reporters informed Müller of Der Kaiser’s prediction after the match and asked what Guardiola had said to his players during the break. “It was something down those lines,” Müller said. “He didn’t say he’d castrate us though; he said he’d cut our balls off.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Buccaneers 31-26 Packers NFL Playoffs: Buccaneers 31-26 result: Brady going to 10th Super Bowl
- NFL How many times has Tom Brady played the Super Bowl?
- NFL Buccaneers 31-26 Packers NFL Playoffs results, summary: NFC Championship Game
- US NEWS $3,000-per-child: what is Biden's new pandemic proposal?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Second stimulus check: how to use IRS tracker tool
- WHITE HOUSE What is Joe Biden changing in the Oval Office makeover?