Messi and Ronaldo the most searched for in Africa
The two football stars dominate internet search in Africa, being the most Googled person in many countries.
Two footballers dominate the African map of Google searches: Messi and Ronaldo, according to the Mail&Guardian Africa, which looked at data released by the internet behemoth, focusing on which person was the most searched for in each African country in 2015.
Footballers and hip-hop artists lead the list in most nations, with the two biggest names dominating the map being Barcelona star Messi (most popular in 13 countries) and Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo (most popular in 7).
The two other footballers who made it onto the list were homegrown talents: Samuel Eto’o was the most searched for person in 2015 in Cameroon, while in Togo local hero Sheyi Emmanuel Adebayor topped the pile.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?