Messi and Ronaldo the most searched for in Africa
The two football stars dominate internet search in Africa, being the most Googled person in many countries.
Two footballers dominate the African map of Google searches: Messi and Ronaldo, according to the Mail&Guardian Africa, which looked at data released by the internet behemoth, focusing on which person was the most searched for in each African country in 2015.
Footballers and hip-hop artists lead the list in most nations, with the two biggest names dominating the map being Barcelona star Messi (most popular in 13 countries) and Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo (most popular in 7).
The two other footballers who made it onto the list were homegrown talents: Samuel Eto’o was the most searched for person in 2015 in Cameroon, while in Togo local hero Sheyi Emmanuel Adebayor topped the pile.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barça president agrees "3 years could be enough for Valverde"
- PRMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Sadio Mané proud of Ballon d'Or recognition
- SERIE A Inter boss Conte: Fans must support, not whistle us
- Premier League Arsenal ready to pull the plug on Ljungberg after two games
- Villarreal 0-0 Atlético Atlético's scoring drought the worst in 83 top-flight years
- BARCELONA-ESPANYOL The Japanese pearl of the Masia, Kubo returns to Barcelona