Madrid make contact: the club congratulates Morata
Following his outstanding display against Bayern, the Juve striker received a phone call from Butragueño. Madrid must fork out 30M euros to bring the player back.
Álvaro Morata's exhibition display in Munich has rekindled Real Madrid's interest in bringing back their former youth team player. Director of Institutional Relations Emilio Butragueño called the 23-year-old to congratulate him for his performance. It's not Butragueño to make contact with the player - he has always kept a close watch on Morata's performances since the striker moved on two years ago. Madrid could exercise their option to buy Morata back between 1 and 15 July (or between the same dates in 2017). The price would depend on how many games Morata has played with Juventus this season. As it stands, Madrid would need to fork out 30 million euros - as Morata has taken part in over 50% of the team's games (21 out of 40 games - 52.5%). Madrid have made no mention of their decision to either the player or Juventus.
Morata's market value is soaring. He has attracted attention from the Premier League (Arsenal are the club to have shown the most interest) and also in Germany. “A lot of people were impressed by his performance in Munich. Quite a few people from Bayern came over to congratulate him”, sources close to the player said. Morata has even been linked with to the club were he started out as a child, Atlético. But Juventus will fight to keep him in Turin. Back in December, he signed a one-year contract extension with the Italians, taking him to June 2020 also considerably boosted his pay packet to four million euros per season (only Pogba and Buffon earn more at Juventus). Should Madrid trigger the buy-back clause, they will also be obliged to match his salary.
Te recomendamos en English
- European championship Zlatan Ibrahimovic back in Sweden team for World Cup qualifiers
- NBA Jazz stars Mitchell and Gobert fined by NBA after outbursts
- REAL MADRID | BENZEMA Benzema: "My life has changed..."
- NFL Eagles' Jason Kelce holds off retirement to return for 2021 season
- NBA All-Star Game Jazz's Conley earns NBA All-Star selection to replace Booker
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, Senate votation, status and IRS tax