Griezmann equals best LaLiga scoring streak with Atleti
The Atlético Madrid forward's magnificent free-kick at El Molinón saw him hit the net for the fifth league match in succession.
Atlético Madrid ace Antoine Griezmann continued his excellent recent scoring form in Saturday's defeat to Sporting Gijón at El Molinón.
Griezmann's stunning first-half free-kick saw the 24-year-old find the net for the fifth straight LaLiga game, equalling his best ever top-flight run in front of goal for Atlético.
Last season, the Frenchman was on the mark in consecutive league encounters with Córdoba, Real Sociedad, Málaga, Deportivo La Coruña and Elche.
And he has now repeated the feat this year, with successive goal-scoring appearances against Real Madrid, Real Sociedad, Valencia, Deportivo and Sporting.
His attacking exploits this term have left him on 17 in LaLiga and a total of 24 in all competitions: just one short of his 2014/15 return for Los Rojiblancos.
Now firmly in his sights is Atlético's next fixture at home to Real Betis, which brings the chance to go one better than five - and set his longest league streak with the club.
Te recomendamos en English
- Europa League Europa League 2020 Last 16 draw: how and where to watch
- QATAR 2022 Mark Hughes: Qatar should be proud of its preparations for 2022
- MLS Ambitious Beckham would love to sign Messi or Ronaldo
- Premier League Liverpool announce big profits despite record player spend
- Premier League Who'll be in new Premier League hall of fame?
- Anything can happen in El Clasico – former Real Madrid captain Hierro