VILLARREAL 2-2 BARCELONA
Riquelme watches old flames scrap it out at El Madrigal
The Argentinean, an idol at Villarreal and Barcelona, watched both teams play out a 2-2 draw on Sunday afternoon.
Juan Román Riquelme is still fondly remembered in Spain and particularly by his former clubs Villarreal and Barcelona. The Argentine, who played just one low-key season at Barça before rekindling the kind of form he showed at Boca Juniors under Manuel Pellegrini at Villarreal, was back in Spain this weekend. Riquelme was invited to watch the Real Madrid squad at work in Valdebebas on Saturday and met up with compatriot Santiago Solari, now in charge of Madrid's Under-19s side.
During his time in Spain, the former player said he will bid the game goodbye with a testimonial match at La Bombonera in December.
Te recomendamos en English
- Liga MX FMF could disaffiliate Cruz Azul due to the Treasury investigation
- CORONAVIRUS USA New York state reopening: which regions are passing to phase 2?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- CORONAVIRUS New York state reopening: Gov Cuomo explains when and how
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus What to do if your stimulus check was sent to the wrong address?