VILLARREAL 2-2 BARCELONA
Riquelme watches old flames scrap it out at El Madrigal
The Argentinean, an idol at Villarreal and Barcelona, watched both teams play out a 2-2 draw on Sunday afternoon.
Juan Román Riquelme is still fondly remembered in Spain and particularly by his former clubs Villarreal and Barcelona. The Argentine, who played just one low-key season at Barça before rekindling the kind of form he showed at Boca Juniors under Manuel Pellegrini at Villarreal, was back in Spain this weekend. Riquelme was invited to watch the Real Madrid squad at work in Valdebebas on Saturday and met up with compatriot Santiago Solari, now in charge of Madrid's Under-19s side.
During his time in Spain, the former player said he will bid the game goodbye with a testimonial match at La Bombonera in December.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos' presence set to shake up El Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cavani poised for Man Utd debut against Chelsea
- MALLORCA Tug of war between Spanish and Argentine FA over Luka Romero
- Ligue 1 Tuchel not concerned by doubts over Parc des Princes future
- BUNDESLIGA Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt: Bundesliga live
- Manchester United - Chelsea Solskjaer calls for Chelsea consistency to back up PSG win