VILLARREAL 2-2 BARCELONA
Riquelme watches old flames scrap it out at El Madrigal
The Argentinean, an idol at Villarreal and Barcelona, watched both teams play out a 2-2 draw on Sunday afternoon.
Juan Román Riquelme is still fondly remembered in Spain and particularly by his former clubs Villarreal and Barcelona. The Argentine, who played just one low-key season at Barça before rekindling the kind of form he showed at Boca Juniors under Manuel Pellegrini at Villarreal, was back in Spain this weekend. Riquelme was invited to watch the Real Madrid squad at work in Valdebebas on Saturday and met up with compatriot Santiago Solari, now in charge of Madrid's Under-19s side.
During his time in Spain, the former player said he will bid the game goodbye with a testimonial match at La Bombonera in December.
Te recomendamos en English
- Messi hat-trick a good way to celebrate Ballon d'Or – Barca boss Valverde
- Barcelona's Luis Suarez: Best goal of my career
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane has four options to fill left-back vacancy against Valencia
- BARCELONA Barcelona president agrees "three years could be enough for Valverde"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Sadio Mané proud of Ballon d'Or recognition
- SERIE A Inter boss Conte: Fans must support, not whistle us