Real Madrid intent on signing De Gea despite Keylor Navas' outstanding season
Keylor Navas has probably been Real Madrid's player of the season, but that may not be enough to keep the no.1 spot at the club blanco.
Real Madrid will try again to bring David De Gea to the Bernabéu in the summer despite the heroics of Keylor Navas this season. Florentino Pérez hasn't given up on signing the Spanish goalkeeper, who saw his dream of a move back to his native Madrid dashed at the final moment by a fax machine last summer.
Now we are hearing that United did send the documents on time but in a format that couldn't be opened at the LFP. Windows 95?— AS English (@English_AS) 31 August 2015
According to ESPN, the farcical happenings on the final day of the summer transfer season in August haven't dulled the desire to finally sign David De Gea, nor have Navas´saintly showings this season convinced the club president that they already have the goalkeeper they need.
It is unclear whether any swap deal might be put into place, with Keylor making a move to Manchester United and De Gea arriving in the other direction, as was agreed in the terms on that day in August.
In a poll taken among Real Madrid fans, 79% indicated they preferred Navas over De Gea, and both club president Florentino Pérez and De Gea himself might have some convincing to do if the move is to go through.
Keylor will turn 30 in December while De Gea will be 26 in November.
Te recomendamos en English
- Tottenham form is not 'Spursy' but defending must improve - Mourinho
- JUVENTUS Cristiano shows off new close-crop haircut during Covid-19 quarantine
- 2020 MLB WORLD SERIES LA Dodgers - Tampa Bay Rays: odds in the series of the MLB World Series 2020
- PREMIER LEAGUE Solskjaer confirms Bailly injury blow for Manchester United
- BUNDESLIGA Manchester City: Angeliño is benefitting from Guardiola education, says Nagelsmann
- FOOTBALL Figo: "A European Premier League would destroy football"