Tom Heaton replaces injured Joe Hart in England squad
Burnley goalkeeper Tom Heaton has been called into the England squad to replace the injured Joe Hart, the Football Association announced on Monday.
Hart, England's first-choice goalkeeper, injured his calf during Manchester City's 1-0 home defeat by Manchester United on Sunday and is expected to be out for three to four weeks.
His City and England team-mate Raheem Sterling was also forced off in the game, due to a groin injury, but England manager Roy Hodgson does not intend to summon a replacement for the former Liverpool winger.
"Obviously it's very disappointing for Joe and Raheem to suffer injuries which will rule them out of our games against Germany and Holland," Hodgson told the FA website.
"They are important players in our squad and I wish them a speedy recovery. Tom has been with us on several occasions and I am welcoming him back into the fold."
Heaton, 29, is uncapped at senior level, but has been regularly called up by Hodgson over the past year.
He will provide back-up to Southampton goalkeeper Fraser Forster and Stoke City's Jack Butland.
England play world champions Germany in Berlin on Saturday before taking on the Netherlands at Wembley next Tuesday as they step up preparations for Euro 2016.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...