Raúl runs the half marathon in New York with his wife
The retired forward and his better half, Mamen Sanz, took on the 22-kilometre challenge in the Big Apple, crossing the finish line after the two-hour mark.
Among the 20,149 participants in Sunday's New York half marathon was Raúl González. The former Real Madrid, Schalke, Al Sadd and New York Cosmos player completed the course alongside his wife, Mamen Sanz. Retirement seems to have blunted the Madrid native’s competitive edge somewhat as he finished the race in 11,108th place (6,622 in the men’s category), a long way behind the podium spots, with a time of 2:06:03.
Raúl González Blanco (ex Real Madrid) y su chica, corrieron ayer en el Half Marathon de New York City…… pic.twitter.com/dO5aMGHKZS— NYMARATHN (@cuegalos) 21 March 2016
Since hanging up his boots back in November after helping the Cosmos to the NASL title, Raúl has stayed on in the Big Apple with his wife and five children.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in the European Championship? Sunday 20 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- NBA NBA playoffs 2021: Bucks stun Nets in overtime to take conference final spot
- BASEBALL Red Sox jump to first place, Padres win without Tatis
- NBA When was the last time the Clippers were in the NBA conference finals?
- NBA When was the last time the Suns were in the NBA Conference finals?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Another failure for Spain in both areas