Raúl runs the half marathon in New York with his wife
The retired forward and his better half, Mamen Sanz, took on the 22-kilometre challenge in the Big Apple, crossing the finish line after the two-hour mark.
Among the 20,149 participants in Sunday's New York half marathon was Raúl González. The former Real Madrid, Schalke, Al Sadd and New York Cosmos player completed the course alongside his wife, Mamen Sanz. Retirement seems to have blunted the Madrid native’s competitive edge somewhat as he finished the race in 11,108th place (6,622 in the men’s category), a long way behind the podium spots, with a time of 2:06:03.
Raúl González Blanco (ex Real Madrid) y su chica, corrieron ayer en el Half Marathon de New York City…… pic.twitter.com/dO5aMGHKZS— NYMARATHN (@cuegalos) 21 March 2016
Since hanging up his boots back in November after helping the Cosmos to the NASL title, Raúl has stayed on in the Big Apple with his wife and five children.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | Will it arrive in March & IRS tax return | Live
- 2030 WORLD CUP Johnson backs UK bid for 2030 World Cup, offers stadiums for Euro 2020
- SERIE A The things that Georgina prohibits Cristiano from doing at home
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 Third stimulus check: when is it coming in March?
- BARCELONA FC Barcelona cleared from Barçagate, Bartomeu provisionally released
- NBA NBA: Harden triple-double leads Nets to win, Zion stuns Jazz