REAL MADRID | BENZEMA
Patrice Evra: "We've shot ourselves in the foot twice"
The Juventus defender refused to give his opinion about the Benzema-Valbuena case, but did point to how the scandal has disrupted the France squad.
France’s Patrice Evra is keeping his thoughts about the alleged extortion case between Karim Benzema and Mathieu Valbuena to himself. “All I’ll say is that we’ve shot ourselves in the foot twice. Both parties will remain my friends forever”, the Juventus defender asserted.
Evra also eluded to the Real Madrid striker’s frame of mind, attributing his upsurge in form to the fact that the football pitch is acting like a refuge for him at the moment.
“The football pitch is your oxygen tank and it’s where you are set free. Everybody has their problems, but once you walk out onto the pitch, it is the love of football [that takes over]”, the former Manchester United man told French station RTL.
The veteran international refused to give his opinion about the blackmail case.
Every time Didier [Deschamps] sees us he tells us there are to be no more stories [or scandals] before the Euros. Now we have to leave things alone so we can focus on what happens on the pitch, on working, on winning games”, the 34-year-old concluded.
Te recomendamos en English
- Ligue 1 Mbappé and Neymar on target to secure PSG win
- Ballon d'Or Mane snubbed for being African, claims Kouyate
- REAL MADRID Sancho, Vinicius, Joao Felix: in that order for Zidane
- BARCELONA Barça renew Ansu Fati and increase release clause to €170M
- Rapinoe asks Ronaldo and Messi to 'help' in fight against racism, sexism
- REAL MADRID “Florentino's arrival at Madrid was a turning point for the club" - Butragueño