Varane: "I always want to play, but it's Zidane's decision”
“I’ve been playing with the best for the past five years and I’ve never lost heart,” the France defender admitted in an interview with L'Equipe.
Raphael Varane, who recovered his place in Real Madrid’s starting line-up against Sevilla on Sunday due to the suspensions for Pepe and Ramos, talked about his current situation at Los Blancos in an interview with L'Equipe.
“I always want to play and Zidane knows that. But he’s the one who makes the decisions. I’m working to be ready,” the defender said.
Alongside Ramos, Varane was a firm favourite in Zidane’s first games in charge of Los Blancos. However, Pepe's recovery and return to form has seen the Frenchman lose his place. “Zidane has so much experience from his playing days and he can easily put himself in our place. He knows what we’re thinking. He tries to make sure I’m progressing and he always has a positive outlook,” he said.
“I’m happy at Madrid and in football it’s useless thinking in the long term. I try to improve and we’ll see how my situation develops. I’ve been playing with the best for the past five years and I’ve never lost heart. I know how to start well and get stuck in when it’s needed. My decision-making has also improved,” Varane added.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: what to do if the payment is sent but the mail has not arrived
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: Republicans having doubts about another $1,200 payment