Varane: "I always want to play, but it's Zidane's decision”
“I’ve been playing with the best for the past five years and I’ve never lost heart,” the France defender admitted in an interview with L'Equipe.
Raphael Varane, who recovered his place in Real Madrid’s starting line-up against Sevilla on Sunday due to the suspensions for Pepe and Ramos, talked about his current situation at Los Blancos in an interview with L'Equipe.
“I always want to play and Zidane knows that. But he’s the one who makes the decisions. I’m working to be ready,” the defender said.
Alongside Ramos, Varane was a firm favourite in Zidane’s first games in charge of Los Blancos. However, Pepe's recovery and return to form has seen the Frenchman lose his place. “Zidane has so much experience from his playing days and he can easily put himself in our place. He knows what we’re thinking. He tries to make sure I’m progressing and he always has a positive outlook,” he said.
“I’m happy at Madrid and in football it’s useless thinking in the long term. I try to improve and we’ll see how my situation develops. I’ve been playing with the best for the past five years and I’ve never lost heart. I know how to start well and get stuck in when it’s needed. My decision-making has also improved,” Varane added.
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA DEL REY Atlético stunned by Cultural Leonesa in Copa del Rey shock
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién and Valverde not that different, says De Jong
- SCHALKE 04 Todibo: "During training, you had to defend Messi with caution"
- MANCHESTER CITY Silva: "Real Madrid called me year after year but I didn't go"
- Manchester United How bad are Manchester United under Solskjaer?
- REAL MADRID Benzema: Real Madrid striker agrees contract extension