CHILE - ARGENTINA
Alexis: "It's hard to start again but we have gained respect"
Alexis Sánchez says he's delighted to be back with the Chile squad, telling reporters today: "The coaching staff and the players want to maintain the respect we have earned".
Alexis Sánchez was one of the members of the Chile squad chosen to model the new national team kit which the team will wear throughout 2016. "It's modern, it's nice, I like it", The Arsenal player said, before talking about how the squad is shaping up under new coach, Juan Antonio Pizzi
"It's difficult to start all over again but we have gained respect on a worldwide level and both the coaching staff and the players want to make sure we maintain that", Alexis explained, adding that it feels great to be back with the national team and training at the Juan Pinto Durán sports complex in Santiago. "I was really keen to come back here and see my team mates again", he continued. Alexis could be deployed as a centre-forward in Thursday's World Cup 2018 Round 1 qualifier against Argentina - the first time the two countries have clashed since last year's Copa America final.
"If the coach wants me to play as a No.9 or as a No.7, I don't mind at all, I'm happy to play in either position", said 'Tocopillano', who joined Angelo Henríquez, Gary Medel and Arturo Vidal at the presentation of Chile's new kit.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Celebrating America inauguration concert & event: schedule, artists, singers & line-up
- FORTNITE Fortnite Pelé Cup: times & how to get his emote and new soccer skins for free
- MLS USMNT Henry Wingo is transferred to Ferencvaros TC
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is an EIP card and how do I get one?
- NFL SUPER BOWL 2021 Have Packers, Bills, Chiefs & Buccaneers ever been in or won a Super Bowl?
- US NEWS $15 per hour minimum wage: who has supported and who has criticized the proposal?