Enzo Zidane takes his orders from dad in today's session
The Castilla captain was brought in to make up the numbers for the second day running, as the first team prepare for 'El Clásico'. Bale returned following the birth of his daughter.
Enzo Zidane, Zinedine Zidane's eldest son, was the surprise addition to Wednesday's training session in Valdebebas. The Real Madrid coach is without 12 players who are out on international duty and drafted his son in to make up the numbers. The other news from today's workout was the return of Gareth Bale, who is back with the squad following the birth of his baby daughter, Nava Valentina. The only player who wasn't seen out on the practice pitches in Valdebebas was Casemiro, who exercised inside the gym.
Delighted to welcome another beautiful baby daughter into our family today. Nava Valentina Bale ❤👨👩👧👧 pic.twitter.com/w4Ld1l6CLg— Gareth Bale (@GarethBale11) 22 March 2016
It's not the first time that Enzo has trained with the senior squad (he has yet to play a game with the first team) he was regularly drafted in during Rafa Benítez's time at the club, and it was José Mourinho who first gave the teenager a chance to work with the older players, just for one day, in 2011; but this is the first time that he has taken his orders from his own father in a first team training session.
Te recomendamos en English
- Square Enix's E3 2021 conference live updates: games, announcements, trailers
- E3 2021 Microsoft's Xbox and Bethesda conference at E3 2021 recap: games, announcements, trailers
- Euro 2020 Denmark team doctor: Eriksen was 'gone' after suffering cardiac arrest
- E3 2021 After missing E3 2021, will Sony (PlayStation) have a State of Play in the summer? When?
- EURO 2020 | GROUP F France vs Germany: Mbappé explains Giroud annoyance
- EURO 2020 France vs Germany: Benzema and Griezmann get green light