Ronaldinho and Adriano, toe-to-toe in Las Vegas
Where better than the home of vice itself for two of Brazilian football's biggest party animals to face off for a kick about? The Emperor is set to make his debut for Miami United.
Ronaldinho, Adriano and Las Vegas. Two players and one city that should never be mentioned in the same sentence, yet that’s exactly what revelers in Sin City have in store on the 23rd of April when the two Brazilians are set to meet. The date is being earmarked as the Emperor’s first run out for Miami United.
For the arrival of the heavy set former Serie A goal machine, Las Vegas City have enlisted the help of Ronaldinho, although the board of directors at the Nevada club are hoping to extend their deal with the one-time Ballon d’Or winner. “We have locked down an agreement with the player and his agent ahead of Adriano’s inaugural game for Miami United. The two are close friends and there were no problems trying to come to an agreement. This is an invitation to play in a friendly game but obviously we’d love take Ronaldinho on full time. We will be taking full advantage of the large crowds in Las Vegas for the UFC title fight. It will be a day of celebration and we expect 35,000 people in attendance”, one of the directors of the Las Vegas club told Globoesporte.
Las Vegas City were founded last year and compete in the fifth division (United Premier Soccer League), while Miami United play in the fourth (National Premier Soccer League).
Ronaldinho has been out of work since September 2015, but has managed to eke out an existence over the past few months by playing in one-off games.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man Utd boss wants trio to take up Ronaldo, Rooney, Tévez mantle
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: LaLiga Santander, how and where to watch
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Ban for Real Madrid's Valverde no surprise to Atlético boss Simeone
- LALIGA SANTANDER The closet fought LaLiga campaign for 17 years
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern: Flick admits transfer demands have changed
- Real Madrid Benzema included in Real Madrid 19-man-squad for Sevilla match