REAL MADRID | MAROTTA
Juve director Beppe Marotta: "We want to keep Morata"
The Juventus General Director spoke about the club's plans: "I can only repeat that we bought a promising young player who has turned into the real deal. We're proud to have Morata".
Juventus General Director Beppe Marotta attended the opening of the club's new medical centre in Turin and was asked about the situation concerning Álvaro Morata, who the club signed from Real Madrid for 20 million euros plus VAT in 2014 but with a buy-back clause which the Spanish club could trigger either this summer for the following summer. Regarding the buy-back option, Marotta is resigned to the fact that Madrid have the upper hand over the player: "The right to buy Morata back which Real Madrid have is the 'sword of Damocles' hanging over our heads; we're suffering as a result, but that's the way it is", he said.
Marotta is aware that Madrid are considering exercising their right to recover the striker but insists that Juve with fight to keep the player - or at least persuade Florentino Pérez to let him stay in Turin for another season: "First of all there has to be an agreement between Real Madrid and Juventus. The only thing I will say is that we bought a promising young player who has turned into the real deal and we are very proud to have him here at our club. We will discuss Morata's future with Madrid in the near future. If possible, we would like him to stay here with us".
Diario AS understands that Real Madrid have already decided to buy back their former youth team player. Madrid must pay Juventus 30 million euros to recover the player. But the operation would be to boost the club's coffers - Arsenal, Liverpool and Bayern Munich have shown an interest in the forward, who said today that he wants his future to be cleared up as soon as possible.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Has Aaron Rodgers won a Super Bowl?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Can I qualify for Biden's American Rescue Plan if I have already received the stimulus check?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Man United: How and where to watch - times, tv, online
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...