The statue of Cristiano Ronaldo was unveiled in Madeira - the place where the player first started to kick a ball around - less than a year and a half ago but will now be relocated in the Praça do Mar, according to Globo.
The bronze sculpture stands 3.4m high and weighs around 800kg. It was undertaken by Ricardo Veloza, was vandalised while in full public display with the name and images of Balón de Oro rival Leo Messi plastered over it.
Te recomendamos en English
- Moving the goalposts! Mourinho reveals woodwork mishap
- CORONAVIRUS $300 unemployment benefits: which states are still paying it?
- US NEWS Breonna Taylor case: who are Brett Hankison, Jonathan Mattingly and Myles Cosgrove?
- Black Lives Matter protests Breonna Taylor case: what is ‘wanton endangerment’ in the first degree?
- Billboard Music Awards Billboard Music Awards 2020: list of all nominations - Post Malone, the most nominated
- Liverpool Liverpool were 'easy on the eye' against Lincoln City - Klopp