Gary Cahill to captain England in Germany friendly
The Chelsea central defender will skipper Roy Hodgon's side in Saturday's friendly with World Cup winners Germany in BerlinEngland vs Spain
Chelsea defender Gary Cahill has been named England captain for Saturday's friendly clash with World Cup winners Germany in Berlin.
The 30-year-old centre-back will wear the armband in the absence of Wayne Rooney, who is injured.
"We can confirm that @GaryJCahill will captain #England against @DFB_Team tomorrow," England wrote on their official Twitter account.
This will be just the second time Cahill has skippered the Three Lions from the outset after October's Euro 2016 qualifier at home to Estonia.
England's 22-man squad arrived in Berlin on Friday afternoon and will train at the Olympiastadion after Cahill and manager Roy Hodgson speak to the media.
Te recomendamos en English
- USWNT vs Colombia USWNT vs Colombia: women’s soccer, friendly match
- UFC What was outcome of the last Conor McGregor UFC fight?
- LALIGA Alavés vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- UFC UFC 257: McGregor "raring to go" as he and Poirier make weight
- NFL What are Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady records? Super Bowl appearances, titles, completions...
- NFL Which team has played more NFL conference finals?