Laporte suffers injury blow
He faces a significant spell out after Athletic Club confirmed he picked up a serious injury on international duty with France Under-21s.
Athletic Club's Aymeric Laporte is set for eight weeks on the sidelines after the LaLiga side confirmed that he suffered a serious ankle injury while playing for France Under-21s on Thursday.
Centre-back Laporte was carried off in the second half of Les Bleus' 2-0 victory over Scotland Under-21s at the Stade Jean Bouin.
And Athletic released a medical report on Friday stating: "Following an initial scan, Aymeric Laporte has been diagnosed with a fracture-dislocation of the right fibula and ankle."
The San Mamés club added that the 21-year-old will undergo further tests on his return to Bilbao.
Te recomendamos en English
- Barcelona Leo Messi retirement date not far away warns Valverde
- REAL MADRID Bale: Real Madrid forward breaks his injury record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho: "The only thing I can say is Eriksen will be a free agent at the end of the season"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Baresi's words for Van Dijk akin to "praise from the king" says Klopp
- BOCA JUNIORS Maradona: "They have less foresight than the captain of the Titanic"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City: Arteta "ready" to manage but Pep hopes he stays