Laporte suffers injury blow
He faces a significant spell out after Athletic Club confirmed he picked up a serious injury on international duty with France Under-21s.
Athletic Club's Aymeric Laporte is set for eight weeks on the sidelines after the LaLiga side confirmed that he suffered a serious ankle injury while playing for France Under-21s on Thursday.
Centre-back Laporte was carried off in the second half of Les Bleus' 2-0 victory over Scotland Under-21s at the Stade Jean Bouin.
And Athletic released a medical report on Friday stating: "Following an initial scan, Aymeric Laporte has been diagnosed with a fracture-dislocation of the right fibula and ankle."
The San Mamés club added that the 21-year-old will undergo further tests on his return to Bilbao.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham: Lucas believes Mourinho can deliver silverware
- TRANSFER RUMOURS Haaland to choose Manchester United over Juventus - rumours
- Rumour Has It: Haaland chooses Manchester United
- BARCELONA Barcelona's slip against La Real stokes up El Clásico
- LALIGA Valencia vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch: times, tv, online
- MANCHESTER UNITED Solskjaer: Rashford, Martial and James' like Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez