Laporte suffers injury blow
He faces a significant spell out after Athletic Club confirmed he picked up a serious injury on international duty with France Under-21s.
Athletic Club's Aymeric Laporte is set for eight weeks on the sidelines after the LaLiga side confirmed that he suffered a serious ankle injury while playing for France Under-21s on Thursday.
Centre-back Laporte was carried off in the second half of Les Bleus' 2-0 victory over Scotland Under-21s at the Stade Jean Bouin.
And Athletic released a medical report on Friday stating: "Following an initial scan, Aymeric Laporte has been diagnosed with a fracture-dislocation of the right fibula and ankle."
The San Mamés club added that the 21-year-old will undergo further tests on his return to Bilbao.
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021 live online: red carpet, nominations, updates
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Who are Amy Poehler and Tina Fey, hosts of the Golden Globes 2021?
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021: hosts, presenters and special guests
- Golden Globes 2021 Golden Globes 2021 list of nominations: movies, series, actors, actresses...
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | How much, who qualifies, Child tax credit | Live