James scores 100th goal
James scored his 100th goal for Colombia during their World Cup qualifier in the rare air of La Paz vs Bolivia, he scored one and set up the other in their win over Bolivia.
Colombia captain James Rodriguez put in a performance worthy of the armband in a tricky tie in the heights of La Paz, scoring the first and setting up the winner in a 3-2 victory over Bolivia. Colombia was on tenterhooks as los cafeteros left it late to secure three precious points for Russia 2018 qualification.
James spoke after the game:
La Paz' altitude: "My legs felt ok, but I was gasping for air towards the end, tired, you run a lot here and it's easy to get out of breath, but I'm happy with the win, I always want to keep playing".
The match: "In the last 10 minutes we were still in good shape, they really went for it, almost all of them play here in the city and you can tell, but we adapted well, the team put in a huge effort and we managed to win it, thank God".
The debutants: "I spoke with Pérez and the others, told them to relax, that if they missed a chance to keep trying, I said that to Celis too, he played well, it was a good all-round team showing. We had four making a debut, but it looked like their 30th match with the team, they looked good and they can bring a lot to the team".
Centenary goal: "Your 100th goal is a special one, and to score it here as well, I'm delighted, but like I always say outside and in, I'm just another player here to do what I can for the team."
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona-Real Madrid: LaLiga proposes Clásico on 7 December
- PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN Mbappé, Cavani back as injuries ease up for PSG
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Piqué, Dembélé to 'join' general strike in Catalonia
- REAL MADRID Vinicius will soon be one of the world's best - Ronaldinho
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID El Clásico: Barça open to date change but won't play in Madrid
- JUVENTUS Cristiano Ronaldo continues to play King Midas at Juventus