Iker Casillas breaks another international record
According to FIFA data, the Spanish keeper has played in 166 games for Spain since his debut on 3 June 2000 in the 1-1 draw in Gothenburg against Sweden.
With his starting berth in the game against Romania, Iker Casillas has added another record to his extraordinary professional career. The Porto stopper made his 166th appearance for La Roja in Cluj which takes him past the number held by Vitalijs Astafjevs from Latvia.
The ex-Real Madrid man has spent almost 16 years between the national sticks and although unlikely to be number one at this year's European Championships could well still have a part to play. His experience in winning two Euros and a World Cup in his career may prove very useful come the summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Zaha targeted by online racist abuse ahead of Villa game
- LALIGA SANTANDER Real Madrid and Barcelona take Liga title race to the wire
- GRANADA-REAL MADRID Zidane: Real Madrid coach's pre-Granada LaLiga press conference
- CORONAVIRUS US $600 unemployment benefits boost: what did Mnuchin say?
- USA Heatwave in California: what temperatures are expected and which cities are on alert?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Ghana... cases, deaths and news