Iker Casillas breaks another international record
According to FIFA data, the Spanish keeper has played in 166 games for Spain since his debut on 3 June 2000 in the 1-1 draw in Gothenburg against Sweden.
With his starting berth in the game against Romania, Iker Casillas has added another record to his extraordinary professional career. The Porto stopper made his 166th appearance for La Roja in Cluj which takes him past the number held by Vitalijs Astafjevs from Latvia.
The ex-Real Madrid man has spent almost 16 years between the national sticks and although unlikely to be number one at this year's European Championships could well still have a part to play. His experience in winning two Euros and a World Cup in his career may prove very useful come the summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS UK bars and pubs reopening on Super Saturday July 4th: schedule, opening times, conditions
- CORONAVIRUS July 4th 2020: Why it is called ‘Super Saturday’?
- BUNDESLIGA Rummenigge confirms Thiago Alcántara will leave Bayern Munich
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid troll Barcelona about four-point lead
- CORONAVIRUS | USA How to celebrate July 4th safely during Covid-19
- Coronavirus Ghanaian minister resigns after breaching self-isolation rules