Neymar is in explosive form for Barcelona and the Camp Nou club are eager to tie up a contract renewal with the forward at the end of the season, but in Brazil his antics on and off the field are wearing somewhat thin. Brazilian daily Globoesporte responded angrily to Neymar’s performance against Uruguay, during which Brazil’s star player again swapped his jogo bonito with Barcelona for a tetchy and underwhelming stint with the Canarinha.
Neymar was involved in an ugly spat with Uruguay defender Jorge Fucile. Barcelona teammate Luis Suárez had to intervene at the end of the game when Neymar refused to shake the hand offered by the Nacional player. Neymar also went in the book during the 2-2 draw and will serve a suspension when Brazil play Paraguay on Tuesday. The straw that broke the camel’s back on this occasion in Brazil was the sight of Neymar out on the town after the Uruguay match.
Globoesporte noted that Neymar now has more cards than goals for Brazil since Dunga assumed control of the side for a second time. In total, including the Paraguay match, Neymar has missed five competitive matches for his country under Dunga after being sent off in the Copa América loss to Colombia, for which he was hit with a four-game ban. Since 2015, Neymar has incurred five bookings and scored just four times in 10 matches for Brazil.
After the Uruguay match Dunga attempted to dismiss Neymar's booking and suspension by suggesting that the opposition had attempted to annoy his player deliberately. In Brazil, Neymar is having a similar effect on fans and media.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move