Laporte out for three to four months after fibula surgery
Athletic confirmed the France under-21 international had undergone an operation in a statement on Tuesday.
Athletic defender Aymeric Laporte underwent surgery on a cracked fibula on Tuesday and will be out for between three and four months, the club confirmed in a statement. The operation was a success and the France under-21 international is expected to be fit to join his teammates for pre-season but will miss out on the European Championships, for which he had an outside chance of making the senior Les Bleus squad after being elevated to captain of the under-21 side.
Meanwhile, Ibai Gómez, who has been on the sidelines for five months, said in a press conference that his objective is to “get back into the first team.”
“You have to set your targets high. I want to play in a final and to give my best to the team.”
Competition on the left side of midfield has increased in Gómez’s absence, with the return to fitness of Iker Muniain and the emergence of Sabin Merino, with Markel Susaeta also alternating in that position.
Te recomendamos en English
- Liverpool Klopp: Mbappe, Haaland will think twice if Liverpool can't offer Champions League football
- CSL Chinese Super League counts the cost of the boom years
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid, Liverpool and Juve keen on Lyon's Houssem Aouar
- NBA NBA All-Star weekend: who were the Hall of Famers in 2020?
- CORONAVIRUS Biden criticises “Neanderthal” decision to remove mask mandates
- COPA DEL REY Barcelona vs Sevilla: result, summary and goals