Laporte out for three to four months after fibula surgery
Athletic confirmed the France under-21 international had undergone an operation in a statement on Tuesday.
Athletic defender Aymeric Laporte underwent surgery on a cracked fibula on Tuesday and will be out for between three and four months, the club confirmed in a statement. The operation was a success and the France under-21 international is expected to be fit to join his teammates for pre-season but will miss out on the European Championships, for which he had an outside chance of making the senior Les Bleus squad after being elevated to captain of the under-21 side.
Meanwhile, Ibai Gómez, who has been on the sidelines for five months, said in a press conference that his objective is to “get back into the first team.”
“You have to set your targets high. I want to play in a final and to give my best to the team.”
Competition on the left side of midfield has increased in Gómez’s absence, with the return to fitness of Iker Muniain and the emergence of Sabin Merino, with Markel Susaeta also alternating in that position.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Champions League draw: who can play who?
- EURO 2020 Spain to host Cristiano's Portugal in final Euro 2020 warm-up
- Carvajal tells Mbappe: The best play for Real Madrid
- LIVERPOOL Minamino: RB Salzburg confirm Liverpool talks for midfielder
- Champions League Juventus: Sarri eager to face José Mourinho in Champions League
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Carvajal up for Mbappé move and Cristiano final