Iker Casillas marries Sara Carbonero in secret wedding
The Porto footballer and Mediaset journalist said "I do" in an intimate civil ceremony just before the Easter holidays, Three guests were in attendance including their son Martín.
Iker Casillas and Sara Carbonero were married in secret wedding in Boadilla del Monte, just outside the city of Madrid, in front of their son Martín, Sara's sister and one other witness, according to El País newspaper.
The celebration, also confirmed by Hola magazine, took place just prior to Easter's Holy Week and neither set of parents were told about it in advance.
The couple have been together for six years after meeting during the Confederations Cup 2009 and are expecting their second child. Possibly their most famous public moment was their on-camera kiss during the emotions of the World Cup in 2010.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO 2020 Tokyo 2020 Olympics - Football Tournament draws: as it happened
- FOOTBALL European Super League, live updates: all English clubs withdraw, reactions, Florentino Pérez, UEFA, clubs
- FOOTBALL European Super League 'hugely embarrassing' for Madrid president Perez
- FOOTBALL Inter and Atletico withdraw as Agnelli says European Super League is a no-go
- George and Clippers nip Blazers late, Irving leads way for Nets
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim