Mathieu out for 6 to 8 weeks after knee surgery
Barcelona confirmed this afternoon that the defender underwent an arthroscopy to trim meniscus in his right knee.
FC Barcelona confirmed this afternoon that Jérémy Mathieu has undergone surgery on a torn meniscus inside his right knee and will be out for between six and eight weeks - effectively ruling him out for the rest of the season. Specialist consultants Ramon Cugat and Ricard Pruna performed the operation. Mathieu picked up the injured whilst on duty with France in last night's game against Russia.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: who is getting extra money, why and how much?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid and Barça to battle it out for Haaland and Alaba
- EL CLÁSICO Piqué fighting until last minute for El Clásico start
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City vs Leeds United: live!
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Olazábal dedicates Masters cut to late compatriot Ballesteros
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid vs Barcelona: which players have played on both teams?