Ryanair pokes fun at sacked Neville
Following Gary Neville's exit from Valencia, the Irish no-frills airline took to social media with its own light-hearted response to the news.
In the wake of Gary Neville's sacking as Valencia head coach after just four months at Mestalla, low-cost airline Ryanair did not miss the opportunity to take the mickey on social media - and, of course, garner a little publicity in the process...
Taking to its official Twitter account on Wednesday evening, the no-frills carrier posted a photograph of a glum-looking Neville alongside hermano and assistant coach Phil - who is to remain at the LaLiga outfit under interim boss Pako Ayesterán - accompanied by the caption: "Oh, brother! Time to fly Valencia to Manchester".
And, in a reference to the Los Che supporters' recent chants of "Gary, go now" in the face of their side's poor results under the Englishman, Ryanair quipped: "Gary vete ya (on the lowest fares)".
The budget airline's posts - published in Spanish and English - have spread swiftly across the Twittersphere, so far gaining nearly 4,000 and just over 1,000 retweets respectively.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit, tax refund...
- CORONAVIRUS Which vaccine is the most popular in the US?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS What are the Democrats position towards ending unemployment benefits?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: could the next payments be automatic?
- BARCELONA Barcelona's 2021/2 pre-season starting to take shape
- TENNIS Naomi Osaka pulls out of Wimbledon but eyes Olympics return