Ryanair pokes fun at sacked Neville
Following Gary Neville's exit from Valencia, the Irish no-frills airline took to social media with its own light-hearted response to the news.
In the wake of Gary Neville's sacking as Valencia head coach after just four months at Mestalla, low-cost airline Ryanair did not miss the opportunity to take the mickey on social media - and, of course, garner a little publicity in the process...
Taking to its official Twitter account on Wednesday evening, the no-frills carrier posted a photograph of a glum-looking Neville alongside hermano and assistant coach Phil - who is to remain at the LaLiga outfit under interim boss Pako Ayesterán - accompanied by the caption: "Oh, brother! Time to fly Valencia to Manchester".
And, in a reference to the Los Che supporters' recent chants of "Gary, go now" in the face of their side's poor results under the Englishman, Ryanair quipped: "Gary vete ya (on the lowest fares)".
The budget airline's posts - published in Spanish and English - have spread swiftly across the Twittersphere, so far gaining nearly 4,000 and just over 1,000 retweets respectively.
Te recomendamos en English
- AFCON qualifiers Despite an early scare, Nigeria too strong for plucky Lesotho
- Barcelona Barcelona: Dani Olmo leaves door open for Camp Nou return
- MLS Mandzukic: Inter Miami and LA Galaxy want Juventus striker
- European Championships England end Euro 2020 qualifying campaign on a high
- Euro 2020 Van Dijk leaves Netherlands squad due to personal reasons
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Cristiano: "You all invented a story that all was not well at Juve"