Ryanair pokes fun at sacked Neville
Following Gary Neville's exit from Valencia, the Irish no-frills airline took to social media with its own light-hearted response to the news.
In the wake of Gary Neville's sacking as Valencia head coach after just four months at Mestalla, low-cost airline Ryanair did not miss the opportunity to take the mickey on social media - and, of course, garner a little publicity in the process...
Taking to its official Twitter account on Wednesday evening, the no-frills carrier posted a photograph of a glum-looking Neville alongside hermano and assistant coach Phil - who is to remain at the LaLiga outfit under interim boss Pako Ayesterán - accompanied by the caption: "Oh, brother! Time to fly Valencia to Manchester".
And, in a reference to the Los Che supporters' recent chants of "Gary, go now" in the face of their side's poor results under the Englishman, Ryanair quipped: "Gary vete ya (on the lowest fares)".
The budget airline's posts - published in Spanish and English - have spread swiftly across the Twittersphere, so far gaining nearly 4,000 and just over 1,000 retweets respectively.
Te recomendamos en English
- European Super League Juventus still keen on breakaway league as AC Milan withdraw
- BARCELONA Aguero places Messi clause on Barcelona move
- European Super League Atletico squad release European Super League statement
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE The dramatic rise and swift fall of Europe's Super League
- Murder of George Floyd What did Biden say about Chauvin's guilty verdict for murder of George Floyd
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check: will it be approved and sent in May?