CHAMPIONS LEAGUE | BARCELONA - ATLÉTICO MADRID
Juanfran: "Sooner or later we’ll win the Champions League”
Juanfran and Gabi spoke to Uefa.com and analysed their quarter-final clash against Barcelona: “We’re optimistic,” the right-back said.
Atlético Madrid players Juanfran and Gabi spoke to Uefa.com and analysed their chances against Barcelona in the quarter-finals of the Champions League.
Juanfran on the task ahead: “To make it to the final, you have to beat the best. Their front three are amazing players, especially Messi, who right now is the best. But they wouldn’t be successful without the rest of the team. Barcelona have great players all over the pitch and, as I’ve said, we’re playing against the best. We’re really up for it and we know that if we play our best we’ll have a chance”.
Gabi on winning the Champions league: "The only trophy this club has not won is the Champions League, and everyone dreams of it. But we're not letting go in any competition – in the league we're still chasing Barcelona and fighting for the title, and we hope we will be up there at the end of the season”.
Juanfran dreaming of Champions League glory: “It’s different, something special. Two years ago we didn’t make it and I hope and am convinced that sooner or later we’ll win it.”
Gabi on Atleti's chances of going through: “I think every player has to be at the top of their game to progress through the knockout stages. We’ve managed to reach the quarters on three occasions, which has been important for us”.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Betis Rubi: “Lainez is ready but Guido Rodriguez still needs to adapt to the league”
- MLS TUDN: LA Galaxy leaves 14 jersey open so Chicharito could claim it
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side