James’ complaints in Colombia rile Real Madrid
Los Blancos are becoming tired of the midfielder’s attitude after his comments and below-par performances this season.
Real Madrid are reported to be unhappy about recent comments made by James whilst on international duty with Colombia. The midfielder claimed: “When you play and have everyone’s support it’s easier,” in reference to his lack of game-time under Zidane.
Above all, Real are believed to be angered by the timing of the comment, particularly given the crunch matches on the horizon, first against arch rivals Barcelona in Saturday’s El Clásico, and then against Wolfsburg in the Champions League quarter-finals. James’ wage demands are also a factor given that his performances this season, his second at the club, are not deemed to be up to the standards required.
This is not the first time James has spoken out from his homeland. At the beginning of this campaign, he made a few digs at Rafa Benítez, after the then Real Madrid coach had claimed he lacked “hard work and time to get any rhythm”. James responded by saying: “I’m fine. At Madrid I train well so I’m ready for another ninety minutes. I go for it from the start and then they say I’m not OK”. This was also followed by the Spanish trainer’s claims about James’ weight, prompting the following reaction from the Colombian: “Fat? Me? I’m in the best shape I’ve ever been”.
Real Madrid are looking at the possibility of selling James at the end of the season. Under Benítez he only played 46.5% of games, only starting in nine out of 17 matches. With Zidane it’s the same story: he has only finished a full 90 minutes twice in 14 games, against Espanyol and in the return leg of the Champions League last 16 tie against Roma.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS IRS phone number: how can I talk to a real person on the helpline?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS Houston close schools as Storm Beta approaches
- Hurricanes Tropical Storm Beta: why is the Greek alphabet used to name hurricanes?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Democrats and Republicans look to strike deal on payment
- Coronavirus How many coronavirus cases are there in Sweden without lockdown?