A kind of magic from Messi and Maradona in El Clásico
A compilation of Clásico wizadry and trickery from the two Barça greats.
One dream, one soul, one prize, one goal, one golden glance of what should be. It's a kind of magic.
The Real Madrid-Barça clashes have featured an array of footballing greats down the years, from Di Stéfano, Kubala, Gento and Maradona to Ronaldo, Zidane, Messi and Cristiano… but it's the two Argentinians who have probably produced the greatest mind-bending skill of all.
Maradona was in imperious form in the 1982-83 campaign, and his goal, leaving Juan José on his backside, has left an indelible mark on this fixture.
Leo Messi, meanwhile, arguably wears the Clásico crown with his performances year in, year out. From the moment he broke into the Barça first team he has dazzled onlookers, with the highlight quite possibly his mesmerising individual effort in 2011.
Te recomendamos en English
- AFCON qualifiers Despite an early scare, Nigeria too strong for plucky Lesotho
- Barcelona Barcelona: Dani Olmo leaves door open for Camp Nou return
- MLS Mandzukic: Inter Miami and LA Galaxy want Juventus striker
- European Championships England end Euro 2020 qualifying campaign on a high
- Euro 2020 Van Dijk leaves Netherlands squad due to personal reasons
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Cristiano: "You all invented a story that all was not well at Juve"