APRIL FOOLS' DAY
Best April Fools’ Day jokes
A collection of the best stunts from the sporting world for the opening day of April...
Ah, 1 April, when nothing can be taken at face value, until noon at least. In Spain the equivalent Día de los Inocentes (Day of the Innocents) falls on 28 December, so there weren't many April Fool's gags here in Spain, but here's a compilation of some of the best hoaxes from the world of sport published today around the web.
Our own completely fabricated report on Real Madrid and FC Barcelona launching their own cricket teams probably didn't catch many out (Bale explaining googlies to Marcelo?!). But several others might have... The Australian Open tweeted that next year’s event would be played on a hardwood parquet surface; Arsenal FC announced the club’s plans to add the world’s first retractable sunroof (using Citroën technology) to the Emirates stadium and an initiative from Olympique Lyonnais, who declared that all of the team’s remaining games this season would be played on a blue pitch. All completely false, but that’s all part of the fun.
昨日、小学生みたいないたずらを受けました😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/AVyEfsyEKD— 乾 貴士/Takashi Inui (@takashi73784537) 1 April 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL George Floyd verdict and closing arguments: what has defense and prosecution stated?
- PLAYSTATION Horizon Zero Dawn free on PS4 and PS5: date, times and how to download
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Overpayment of unemployment benefits: should I give it back?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Why has the demand for vaccines decreased in some states of the country?
- OSCARS 2021 Which movies have won the Oscar for Best Picture each year?
- European Super League Florentino Pérez on European Super League: "We are doing this to save football"