Atlético without Godín: 36 points out of 54 in LaLiga
With the Uruguayan in defence, Los Rojiblancos concede an average of 0.37 goals per game. Without him the number shoots up to 1.33.
Diego Godín re-joined the rest of his Atlético team-mates on Thursday, despite not receiving the definitive all-clear from the club’s medical staff. Since the injury he picked up in the second-leg of Atlético’s Champions League tie against PSV, Simeone’s focus has been on ensuring the Uruguayan defender returns for their upcoming Champions League tie against Barcelona (Tuesday 20:45 CET).
Without Godín Atlético are not quite the same defensive proposition. This season the Uruguayan has missed three games, the victories against Eibar (3-1) and Valencia (1-3) and the defeat to Sporting Gijón (2-1), yet conspicuous in his absence is the number of goals conceded. Oblak has kept a clean sheet in 19 of the 27 games Godín has started in from of him – an average of 0.37 goals per game – while Los Rojiblancos have picked the ball out of the back of the net in the three games without him, an average of 1.33 goals conceded per game.
Since Simeone took over at Atlético, on 7 January in 2012 in a 0-0 draw at the Rosaleda against Málaga, Godín has only missed 18 league games out of 166. In these 18 games, Atlético have won 10, drawn six and lost two, clocking up 36 points out of a possible 54.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami and in sponsorship talks with Qatar
- SERIE A Inter Milan director confirms Christian Eriksen bid and agreement for Chelsea's Victor Moses
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola focused on improving Manchester City rather than chasing Liverpool
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ousmane Dembélé enters the final phase of his recovery
- ARITZ GABILONDO Reinier, a classic No. 10 in the same mould as Kaká or Rai
- FOOTBALL Messi, Aubameyang, Pogba... 15 stars who are out of contract in 2021