BARCELONA - REAL MADRID
"Gràcies Johan": Barcelona in moving tribute to Cruyff
Ahead of Saturday's El Clásico at the Camp Nou, the Catalan club honoured the late, great Dutchman, who died last week aged 68.
Saturday night's El Clásico saw Barcelona pay tribute to legendary former player and coach Johan Cruyff, who died of cancer last week at the age of 68.
Ahead of Real Madrid's 2-1 win over Los Azulgranas, the Camp Nou crowd honoured the footballing great with a spectacular mosaic bearing the message "Gràcies Johan" ("Thank you, Johan").
And before the teams took to the field, the Catalan club also projected a highly moving video in memory of Cruyff, featuring members of the 'Dream Team' Barça side that he led to the outfit's first ever European Cup success in 1992.
A minute's silence was then observed for the Dutchman shortly prior to kick-off, before the 14th minute of the clash brought a rapturous ovation and chants in unison of "Johan, Johan".
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus What travel recommendations have the CDC established for Thanksgiving?
- NBA LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers set to sign Marc Gasol – reports
- BOXING Tyson vs Jones Jr: Two boxing legends and the shock defeats in their storied careers
- LIGA MX There will be a Clásico Nacional in both Women’s and Men’s playoffs in the Liga MX
- LIGA MX Four key matchups to be aware for the quarter-finals in the Liga MX
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Messi is an extravagance which Barça can no longer afford