BARCELONA - REAL MADRID
"Gràcies Johan": Barcelona in moving tribute to Cruyff
Ahead of Saturday's El Clásico at the Camp Nou, the Catalan club honoured the late, great Dutchman, who died last week aged 68.
Saturday night's El Clásico saw Barcelona pay tribute to legendary former player and coach Johan Cruyff, who died of cancer last week at the age of 68.
Ahead of Real Madrid's 2-1 win over Los Azulgranas, the Camp Nou crowd honoured the footballing great with a spectacular mosaic bearing the message "Gràcies Johan" ("Thank you, Johan").
And before the teams took to the field, the Catalan club also projected a highly moving video in memory of Cruyff, featuring members of the 'Dream Team' Barça side that he led to the outfit's first ever European Cup success in 1992.
A minute's silence was then observed for the Dutchman shortly prior to kick-off, before the 14th minute of the clash brought a rapturous ovation and chants in unison of "Johan, Johan".
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA LeBron James back in practice as Lakers superstar eyes return
- NFL Packers star Adams suggests future linked to Rodgers stay
- NBA Russell Westbrook makes NBA history after breaking Robertson's record
- NBA NBA: Curry's Warriors beat Jazz, Westbrook makes history
- Westbrook celebrates triple-double record: Tonight, I'll pat myself on the back
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan