BARCELONA - REAL MADRID
"Gràcies Johan": Barcelona in moving tribute to Cruyff
Ahead of Saturday's El Clásico at the Camp Nou, the Catalan club honoured the late, great Dutchman, who died last week aged 68.
Saturday night's El Clásico saw Barcelona pay tribute to legendary former player and coach Johan Cruyff, who died of cancer last week at the age of 68.
Ahead of Real Madrid's 2-1 win over Los Azulgranas, the Camp Nou crowd honoured the footballing great with a spectacular mosaic bearing the message "Gràcies Johan" ("Thank you, Johan").
And before the teams took to the field, the Catalan club also projected a highly moving video in memory of Cruyff, featuring members of the 'Dream Team' Barça side that he led to the outfit's first ever European Cup success in 1992.
A minute's silence was then observed for the Dutchman shortly prior to kick-off, before the 14th minute of the clash brought a rapturous ovation and chants in unison of "Johan, Johan".
Te recomendamos en English
- FINANCIAL FAIR PLAY Man City CAS ruling "a disaster" and the end of FFP - Mourinho
- MLS Chicharito: LA Galaxy striker takes blame for Portland defeat
- LIGA SANTANDER Real Madrid urge fans to stay at home if Zidane's side win Liga title
- Coronavirus Bihar lockdown in India: dates, guidelines and restrictions
- CORONAVIRUS Paycheck Protection Program (PPP): will I be taxed on my loan?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what is known about the July payment?