Leicester "really wanted it" says goal hero Morgan
Leicester scorer Wes Morgan said desire had been the key ingredient as his side sank Southampton 1-0 on Sunday to move 7 points clear at the top.
Leicester City match-winner Wes Morgan said desire had been the key ingredient after his side sank Southampton 1-0 on Sunday to move seven points clear in the Premier League.
The 32-year-old Jamaican centre-back headed home a cross from Christian Fuchs in the 38th minute to end an 11-month goal drought and leave underdogs Leicester needing 12 points from their last six games to claim the title.
Second-place Tottenham Hotspur had inadvertently left the door open after drawing 1-1 at Liverpool on Saturday and Leicester captain Morgan said that he and his team-mates had been determined to take advantage. "We saw the (Tottenham) game yesterday was a draw and wanted to make the most of our opportunity. We really wanted it today," he told Sky Sports at the King Power Stadium. "I've been getting a lot of stick because I haven't scored all season, so it's great to shut them up. I was quite ill yesterday, but obviously I wanted to play."
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Bayern Munich's Ryan Johansson joins Sevilla
- MANCHESTER UNITED Tahith Chong's agent suggests Manchester United exit
- IBIZA 1-2 BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings as Griezmann avoids Ibiza shock
- PREMIER LEAGUE Raiola discusses the "elephant in the room" with Pogba and United
- COPA DEL REY Unionistas 1-2 Real Madrid live online: Copa del Rey 2019/20
- Transfers Hazard, Griezmann and João Félix head up record 2019 transfer spend