Dani Alves criticises Barcelona over Johan Cruyff tribute
Speaking to beIN Sports after Los Azulgranas' defeat to Real Madrid in El Clásico, the Brazilian defender hit out against his Camp Nou employers.
Barcelona defender Dani Alves has criticised the Catalan club over its tribute to Johan Cruyff, who died late last month aged 68.
Ahead of Saturday's El Clásico at the Camp Nou, Barça honoured Cruyff with a huge mosaic bearing the message "Grácies Johan" ("Thank you, Johan") and projected a video in memory of their legendary former player and coach.
A minute's silence was also observed before kick-off of the clash, which saw Real Madrid clinch a 2-1 victory after Cristiano Ronaldo's late winner.
Speaking to beIN Sports, however, Alves said of the homage to the Dutchman: "With a figure as great as Cruyff, I think that you shouldn't wait until he dies to hold it."
"We should have done it long before," added the Brazilian.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 Nantes unveil new kit in honour of the late Emiliano Sala
- MLS Inter Miami has their eyes set on two Franchise Players
- 2022 WORLD CUP QATAR Aubameyang to face Salah in World Cup qualifying
- COPA DEL REY Shinji Kagawa and Zaragoza come out on top in Copa del Rey battle with Take Kubo's Mallorca
- Messi, Busquets and Pique rested for Ibiza trip
- Lovren lifts leaders Liverpool as defender returns to training