BARCELONA - ATLÉTICO
Uefa regulation forces both Barça and Atléti to use away kits
Barça will wear their 'Senyera' inspired shirt in both legs with Atletico forced to wear their navy shirt at Camp Nou and in the Calderon.
A Uefa regulation on shirt colours clashing (visibility for match officials, fans at the stadium and television audience) has dictated that Barleona and Atletico will both have to wear their away kits for both legs for their Champions League quarter final tie.
Atlético travel to Camp Nou tomorrow and Uefa deem that their home kit of red and white stripes and blue shorts generates a colour clash with Barça's home strip. Under normal circumstances the using of a team's away kit is the solution but in this case Atleti's 2015/16 kit is navy blue and creates even more of a clash with the Barça shirt. Given the situation Uefa have stipulated that for both legs, both teams will have to use their traditional away kits.
Tomorrow at Camp Nou then we will see the unusual situation of the home team Barcelona playing in their away yellow kit with Simeone's men decked out on all navy. The same situation will apply at the Calderon on Wednesday 13th as Atleti will play in navy (away kit) with Barça in yellow.
Te recomendamos en English
- Liga MX Pumas “We will destroy America”
- MLS Jonathan dos Santos to miss LA Galaxy’s debut due to an injury
- MANCHESTER CITY City to use Wanda Metropolitano ahead of Madrid UCL clash
- Laliga Atlético recover third place as Joao Felix finds the net
- Ajax Ajax sign Ziyech replacement Antony in €21.75m deal
- Premier League Solskjaer hails Fernandes effect after Man Utd win over Watford