2B | RECREATIVO
2B side Recre secure 8th biggest w/end crowd in Spanish football
Despite languishing in Segunda B and the very future of the institution in doubt due to financial problems, fans are flocking to help the football club.
Recreativo Huelva are Spain's oldest football club but are currently battling to survive. The club has racked up a debt of over 22 million euro and owner Pablo Comas has essentially washed his hands of the club and faced with financial uncertainty (with a wage backlog of nine months) the backroom staff at the club have taken over the day to day running of Spain's "Decano del Fútbol". Gate receipts are being used to pay for match officials, first team travel and basic installations at the Nuevo Colombino stadium such as running water and electricity.
The last two home games (against Granada B and Marbella) have seen tickets available at a price of 1 euro and on both occasions the response from the public has been excellent with the ground sold-out on both occasions. The Nuevo Colombino stadium this weekend witnessed the 8th attendance in Spain with just Barcelona, Atletico, Athletic, Sevilla, Las Palmas, Malaga and Celta hosting more spectators.
A falta de los partidos de hoy, el Colombino registra la 8º entrada del fútbol español por 2º jornada consecutiva. pic.twitter.com/HS6bmP3O0j— Deportes&Finanzas® (@DeporFinanzas) 4 April 2016
The players responded to the full house with a solid 2-0 over Marbella as Recre eased away from the relegation zone to consolidate 12th place in the table.
A consortium of local Huelva based businessmen have made an offer for the football club with an agreement to undertake the debt and guarantee the solvency and future of the club. Majority share holder Comas has rejected their bid of 6 million euro for his 75% share package at Recre.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?