Homophobic insults aimed at Cristiano land Barça in trouble
The Spanish Lgbtfobia Institute filed a complaint saying they heard insults of "Cristiano faggot" during the minute's silence held for Johan Cruyff on Saturday.Portugal vs Switzerland
The Spanish Institute for Lgbtfobia (Lesbian, Gay, Transexual and Bisexual) has filed a formal complaint to the State Anti-Violence in Sport Commission to denounce the homophobic insults ("Cristiano, faggot") aimed at Cristiano Ronaldo during the minute's silence held for Johan Cruyff before Saturday's game between Barcelona and Real Madrid.
"These deplorable and shameful acts are punishable, according to the Sports Law passed in 2007", Institute director Francisco Ramírez said in a statement, adding that during the past few years "players and referees have been repeatedly subjected to homophobic insults and as of present, no action has been taken to set a precedent that such behaviour is completely unacceptable. The continual homophobic presence in Spanish football has to stop.
"Those who suffer homophobic or xenophobic insults are not necessarily homosexual; the people behind it use it to insult, degrade and humiliate", Ramírez added.
The director also criticized "the silent hypocrisy" of Fútbol Club Barcelona who less than a year ago, signed a specific protocol against homophobia with several LGTB organizations.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side
- MALLORCA-VALENCIA Sanction to rule Parejo out of Barcelona clash
- LALIGA Messi steers Barça to victory in Setien's first game