Homophobic insults aimed at Cristiano land Barça in trouble
The Spanish Lgbtfobia Institute filed a complaint saying they heard insults of "Cristiano faggot" during the minute's silence held for Johan Cruyff on Saturday.Portugal vs Switzerland
The Spanish Institute for Lgbtfobia (Lesbian, Gay, Transexual and Bisexual) has filed a formal complaint to the State Anti-Violence in Sport Commission to denounce the homophobic insults ("Cristiano, faggot") aimed at Cristiano Ronaldo during the minute's silence held for Johan Cruyff before Saturday's game between Barcelona and Real Madrid.
"These deplorable and shameful acts are punishable, according to the Sports Law passed in 2007", Institute director Francisco Ramírez said in a statement, adding that during the past few years "players and referees have been repeatedly subjected to homophobic insults and as of present, no action has been taken to set a precedent that such behaviour is completely unacceptable. The continual homophobic presence in Spanish football has to stop.
"Those who suffer homophobic or xenophobic insults are not necessarily homosexual; the people behind it use it to insult, degrade and humiliate", Ramírez added.
The director also criticized "the silent hypocrisy" of Fútbol Club Barcelona who less than a year ago, signed a specific protocol against homophobia with several LGTB organizations.
Te recomendamos en English
- Boxing Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr. live fight online: results, updates and purses
- Liga MX America vs Chivas live online: Liga MX Playoffs, Leg 2 updates
- Coronavirus Which benefits will disappear if no stimulus bill is passed?
- US Election What’s happening in Trump campaign lawsuits in Pennsylvania, Georgia & Michigan?
- CORONAVIRUS Covid 19 vaccine: who would receive it first in US?
- coronavirus Coronavirus in Los Angeles: new stay-at-home restrictions and dates