BARCELONA - ATLÉTICO MADRID
Godín passed fit for Barça clash
Ahead of Tuesday's Champions League match-up at the Camp Nou, the big news for Atlético Madrid was the centre-back's return to availability.
Atlético Madrid have been handed a fitness boost after defender Diego Godín was cleared to play in Tuesday's Champions League quarter-final first leg against Barcelona.
The Uruguayan suffered a hamstring injury against PSV Eindhoven in the second leg of the competition's last 16 in mid-March.
The problem saw Godín miss Atlético's LaLiga clashes with Sporting Gijón and Real Betis, in addition to his country's recent World Cup qualifiers.
Ahead of Atleti's weekend win over Betis, coach Diego Simeone had already confirmed that he expected Godín to be available for the trip to the Camp Nou.
Te recomendamos en English
- European football Cristiano Ronaldo hands Kylian Mbappé the throne
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos' contract talks are complicated
- Transfer talk PSG's Icardi could move to Juventus, suggests his agent
- Transfer talk Real Madrid and Man Utd target Van de Beek: Ajax hopeful
- MANCHESTER UNITED Pogba nowhere near ready for Man Utd return, says Solskjaer
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo has become a liability