Barcelona's Gerard Piqué was interviewed by his ex-Manchester United teammate Rio Ferdinand for British TV channel BT Sports. The azulgrana central defender was asked by Ferdinand who he considers the better player: Messi or Cristiano.
"Both are amazing players", he said, before categorizing the difference between them in this way: "Messi isn't human, Cristiano is the best of the humans".
Ferdinand also asked what Piqué thought about Pep's arrival at Manchester City:
"Pep will be a success in the Premier, but he won't repeat what he did at Barça. That's unrepeatable." The Barcelona man also spoke about Sir Alex Ferguson, calling him "a god", going on to compare Alex Ferguson and Guardiola:
"Guardiola controlled everything, trainings, tactics. Ferguson used to let Queiroz take training, Guardiola is young and intense".
Piqué also sent a warning to Manchester City players: "Anyone who thinks that Pep isn't going to work hard at City won't last very long. He's a big worker, City have done well signing him, but it won't be easy. Any foreign manager who has worked in the Premier League will tell you that. British football isn't easy".
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side
- MALLORCA-VALENCIA Sanction to rule Parejo out of Barcelona clash
- LALIGA Messi steers Barça to victory in Setien's first game