Barcelona's Gerard Piqué was interviewed by his ex-Manchester United teammate Rio Ferdinand for British TV channel BT Sports. The azulgrana central defender was asked by Ferdinand who he considers the better player: Messi or Cristiano.
"Both are amazing players", he said, before categorizing the difference between them in this way: "Messi isn't human, Cristiano is the best of the humans".
Ferdinand also asked what Piqué thought about Pep's arrival at Manchester City:
"Pep will be a success in the Premier, but he won't repeat what he did at Barça. That's unrepeatable." The Barcelona man also spoke about Sir Alex Ferguson, calling him "a god", going on to compare Alex Ferguson and Guardiola:
"Guardiola controlled everything, trainings, tactics. Ferguson used to let Queiroz take training, Guardiola is young and intense".
Piqué also sent a warning to Manchester City players: "Anyone who thinks that Pep isn't going to work hard at City won't last very long. He's a big worker, City have done well signing him, but it won't be easy. Any foreign manager who has worked in the Premier League will tell you that. British football isn't easy".
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS IRS phone number: how can I talk to a real person on the helpline?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS Houston close schools as Storm Beta approaches
- Hurricanes Tropical Storm Beta: why is the Greek alphabet used to name hurricanes?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Democrats and Republicans look to strike deal on payment
- Coronavirus How many coronavirus cases are there in Sweden without lockdown?