LaLiga denounces Camp Nou homophobic abuse of Ronaldo
The Spanish league have made a formal complaint over the chants that took place before the Clásico on Saturday.
The Spanish Professional Football League have made a formal complaint to Spain's Competition Committee and the Anti-violence Committee over homophobic insults directed at Cristiano Ronaldo during the minute’s silence in memory of Johan Cruyff at the Camp Nou just before the start of the Clásico on Saturday.
The complaint states that “some local spectators” located in "positions that were not able to be determined", “with the ground in complete silence” shouted “puta Madrid” (roughly ‘fucking Madrid’) and “Cristiano maricón” (‘Cristiano faggot’).
LaLiga also notes that in the seconds just before the actual kick-off “Puta Real Madrid, Puta Real Madrid” was sung for around five seconds, though it wasn’t “possible to determine how many people were taking part”.
The governing body clearly states however that the “behaviour of the rest of spectators present in the stadium was utterly correct”.
The complaint from LaLiga follows one made on Monday by the Spanish Lgbtfobia Institute. "These deplorable and shameful acts are punishable, according to the Sports Law passed in 2007", Institute director Francisco Ramírez said in a statement.
Te recomendamos en English
- LA Galaxy Chicharito: When I talked about retirement I meant because of my age not the MLS
- Copa del Rey 2019-20 Zaragoza vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- MASCHERANO 'Messi's unique ability can extend his future' - Mascherano
- BRUNO FERNANDES | MANCHESTER UNITED Bruno Fernandes is on his way to join Manchester United
- BARCELONA Barcelona youth product Carles Pérez makes €13m Roma switch
- Premier League Guardiola admits mistake over Man City crowd comments