LaLiga denounces Camp Nou homophobic abuse of Ronaldo
The Spanish league have made a formal complaint over the chants that took place before the Clásico on Saturday.
The Spanish Professional Football League have made a formal complaint to Spain's Competition Committee and the Anti-violence Committee over homophobic insults directed at Cristiano Ronaldo during the minute’s silence in memory of Johan Cruyff at the Camp Nou just before the start of the Clásico on Saturday.
The complaint states that “some local spectators” located in "positions that were not able to be determined", “with the ground in complete silence” shouted “puta Madrid” (roughly ‘fucking Madrid’) and “Cristiano maricón” (‘Cristiano faggot’).
LaLiga also notes that in the seconds just before the actual kick-off “Puta Real Madrid, Puta Real Madrid” was sung for around five seconds, though it wasn’t “possible to determine how many people were taking part”.
The governing body clearly states however that the “behaviour of the rest of spectators present in the stadium was utterly correct”.
The complaint from LaLiga follows one made on Monday by the Spanish Lgbtfobia Institute. "These deplorable and shameful acts are punishable, according to the Sports Law passed in 2007", Institute director Francisco Ramírez said in a statement.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami and in sponsorship talks with Qatar
- SERIE A Inter Milan director confirms Christian Eriksen bid and agreement for Chelsea's Victor Moses
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola focused on improving Manchester City rather than chasing Liverpool
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ousmane Dembélé enters the final phase of his recovery
- ARITZ GABILONDO Reinier, a classic No. 10 in the same mould as Kaká or Rai
- FOOTBALL Messi, Aubameyang, Pogba... 15 stars who are out of contract in 2021