Real keeper Navas emulates Higuita's famous 'scorpion kick'
The Costa Rican custodian imitated the Colombian maverick's memorable acrobatic clearance in a promotional video - nice, Keylor!
It's September 1995, and England and Colombia play out a goalless draw at the old Wembley as Terry Venables' side prepare to host the following summer's European Championship.
It was the type of friendly stalemate that would usually have barely made a dent on the history books - but, out of nowhere, it produced a moment that has gone down in footballing folklore.
We've all seen it: England's Jamie Redknapp sends a looping ball towards goal, it's a routine catch for René Higuita... and the maverick keeper launches his feet into the air to clear with an unforgettable manoeuvre (below), although the flag had already gone up for offside.
Now, Real Madrid goalkeeper Keylor Navas has demonstrated without doubt that Higuita's spectacular piece of acrobatics, later dubbed the 'scorpion kick', is also in his extensive repertoire.
What do you make of the Costa Rican's effort? Marcelo looks impressed...
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man Utd boss wants trio to take up Ronaldo, Rooney, Tévez mantle
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: LaLiga Santander, how and where to watch
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Ban for Real Madrid's Valverde no surprise to Atlético boss Simeone
- LALIGA SANTANDER The closet fought LaLiga campaign for 17 years
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern: Flick admits transfer demands have changed
- Real Madrid Benzema included in Real Madrid 19-man-squad for Sevilla match