Real keeper Navas emulates Higuita's famous 'scorpion kick'
The Costa Rican custodian imitated the Colombian maverick's memorable acrobatic clearance in a promotional video - nice, Keylor!
It's September 1995, and England and Colombia play out a goalless draw at the old Wembley as Terry Venables' side prepare to host the following summer's European Championship.
It was the type of friendly stalemate that would usually have barely made a dent on the history books - but, out of nowhere, it produced a moment that has gone down in footballing folklore.
We've all seen it: England's Jamie Redknapp sends a looping ball towards goal, it's a routine catch for René Higuita... and the maverick keeper launches his feet into the air to clear with an unforgettable manoeuvre (below), although the flag had already gone up for offside.
Now, Real Madrid goalkeeper Keylor Navas has demonstrated without doubt that Higuita's spectacular piece of acrobatics, later dubbed the 'scorpion kick', is also in his extensive repertoire.
What do you make of the Costa Rican's effort? Marcelo looks impressed...
Te recomendamos en English
- VALENCIA 2-0 BARCELONA Setién: "It's possible the players are not grasping certain things"
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Vinicius and Brahim omitted from Madrid squad for Valladolid
- INTER MILAN Emergency at Inter! But Conte says media make it look like club buying up Real Madrid stars
- Football Barça prospect Marques to Juve, Pereira goes other way
- LaLiga Al Shabab sign Sevilla's Argentine playmaker Banega
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos set to reappear against Valladolid