Champions League anthem whistled at the Camp Nou
Barcelona fans once again protested against UEFA's sanctions over pro-independence Senyera flags begin shown, by abusing the Champions League anthem.
Once again, this time this evening in the Champions League match against Atlético Madrid, the Barcelona fans showed their displeasure with UEFA, roundly whistling the Champions League anthem.
The reason: the punishment handed down by European football's governing body for the display of pro-independence Senyera flags by sections of the Barcelona support at the Champions League final in Berlin in 2015 and in the group phase in this edition against Bayer Leverkusen.
The fine for the first offence was 30,000 euros, the second 40,000 euros. Barcelona said they were going to appeal, but failed to do so in time, due to a mistake in sending the documentation they later explained.
Te recomendamos en English
- LaLiga Barcelona vs Granada: LaLiga Santander: how and where to watch, times, TV, online
- REAL MADRID 2 -1 SEVILLA Lopetegui to Monchi: "This is a disgrace man, always the same"
- REAL MADRID 2-1 SEVILLA Monchi: "If the second goal had been disallowed, I'd have taken the team off"
- Barcelona Setien surprised by Barcelona players' attitude
- PSG Neymar has become the leader PSG hoped for - says Tuchel
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Manchester United: Premier League: How and where to watch